Is your copy of Milestones Professional 2021 up-to-date?
Check under Help | Keys and Information | View System Info for a Rev. date,
or, if you are not using the Enhanced Toolbar, check under Help | About Milestones | System Info
Download this Update if your Rev date is older than the current revision date (m/d/y format) of 6/11/2021
List of new features and fixes for Milestones Professional 2021
June 11, 2021
- GUI: Its now possible to select multiple projects from a multi-project XER file and import them all at the same time.
June 10, 2021
- GUI: Correction made to a problem which was preventing multi-project XER import from working correctly.
June 8, 2021
- GUI: XER import options now let you pick which project to import from a multi-project XER file.
- Project Interface: fixed an issue with link to active ms project task using the finish field when start selected.
- Project Interface: for refresh report, list the symbol text along with updated symbols.
- Project Interface: Changed Export to Project so that symbol notes are exported to the Project Note field.
- Project Interface: Changed Export to Project to export the symbol date to the Project Text25 field. (Project doesn’t support the date range that Milestones supports.)
- PowerPoint Interface: Fixed an issue with using a hyperlink to link to a specific PowerPoint slide.
- Project Interface: minor changes to Project to Milestones Wizard.
- Project Interface: additional diagnostic messages.
- PowerPoint Interface: changed the way scaling is done when copying to PowerPoint. Added a status box for Copy to PowerPoint.
May 7, 2021
- GUI: Option added to bring up the right-click menu when the Menu keyboard key is pressed. The Menu key is usually the key just to the left of the right-side Ctrl key on most keyboards. This solves the problem of bringing up the context menu for symbols that are difficult to click with the mouse due to their nearness to other symbols. Just arrow key the right symbol then press the Menu key.
- GUI: Made highlighted symbol and gradient rectangles display faster when anti-aliasing is not active.
- GUI: Now allow up to 8 decimal places on Values columns and ValueSets.
April 19, 2021
- GUI: In DataGraphs, text attached to the tops of bars now respects the angled DataGraph font setting.
April 15, 2021
- GUI: Unwanted Copy all Pages to PowerPoint done at end of MPP import corrected.
April 14, 2021
- GUI: Option added to Tools | Options | Edit to allow bitmaps to be forced to be used to fill rectangular areas containing hatch patterns. This option should only be selected if the Windows update has been applied which corrects the January 2021 “printing bug” introduced by Windows Update.
April 13, 2021
- GUI: Options to edit and display logarithmic date headings were added to the Toolbar and also to the date headings dialog box. Before, these settings were only available from the View menu.
April 12, 2021
- GUI: All usage of Windows Clipboard eliminated for the XER, XML, and MPP import feature. New XER, XML, and MPP flat file TXT writer added to make it easy to convert files to Excel format.
April 9, 2021
- GUI:Further improvements made to Quick View imports. All usage of Windows Clipboard eliminated for the Quick View feature.
April 8, 2021
- GUI: Improvements made to Quick View imports and Copy all Pages to PowerPoint.
March 30, 2021
- GUI: Tools | Options dialog made a little shorter to better display on low resolution monitors.
March 23, 2021
- PowerPoint Interface: Made some changes to minimize occurrence of “picture too complex” errors when pasting a schedule into PowerPoint.
March 22, 2021
- GUI: Added capability for connector bar types 25, 26, 36, 40, 41, 62, and 63 to use pattern fills and bitmap fills. Before, these connector bar types were limited to solid color fills only.
March 19, 2021
- Project Interface: Fixed an issue with refreshing from Project Server. Error “Trouble Communicating with Project”.
- Project Interface: CodedSymbolsAndBars2 – fixed an issue with the toolbox not updating when a template is loaded.
- Project Interface: Corrected problem with not being able to add Project Server schedules to the Refresh List.
March 17, 2021
- GUI: When a recent Windows Update was distributed, pattern fills such as hatch patterns in connector bars were no longer displaying in metafiles and in printer output. We altered Milestones to draw these patterns differently. There is also a new setting in Tools | Options | Edit that lets you control the automatic pattern density to accommodate whatever printer you may be using. The default setting is best for metafiles and PDFs.
March 12, 2021
- GUI: Correct a setting not being carried forward from a new chart template to the final product of the Wizard.
February 4, 2021
- GUI: Update made that corrects a crash when there are too many entries in the list of Custom Project Import Templates.
February 3, 2021
- GUI: Corrected problem with yearly headings sometimes getting truncated on very wide schedules.
February 2, 2021
- GUI: Corrected problem with the Milestones serial number sometimes not appearing the About Box screen.
February 1, 2021
- GUI: Update made to correct issue with logarithmic display being limited to 20 years. In version 2021 the limit was raised to 40 years.
January 21, 2021
- GUI: Update made that forces Show Saturdays and Show Sundays to be set when Logarithmic view is active. This was done to prevent some symbols from being displayed on the wrong dates.
January 18, 2021
- Initial Release