Is your copy of Milestones Professional 2017 up-to-date?
Check under Help | Keys and Information | View System Info for a Rev. date,
or, if you are not using the Enhanced Toolbar, check under Help | About Milestones | System Info
Download this Update if your Rev date is older than the current revision date (m/d/y format) of 9/18/2017
List of new features and fixes for Milestones Professional 2017
September 18, 2017
- GUI: Corrected problem with FreeForm Text hyperlinks getting jumbled when a FreeForm text block gets deleted.
September 6, 2017
- GUI: Added two sample files missing from the Lessons folder.
- GUI: Corrected possible crash when symbol hover information is displayed.
August 31, 2017
- Project Interface: Corrected errors in Custom symbology 1 and 2.
August 22, 2017
- GUI: Added option in Tools | Options | Edit to turn off out-of-row symbol selection if needed. Useful on dense schedules where symbols in other rows are so close that they may be selected by mistake when adding symbols.
- GUI: Corrected option in Tools | Options | Edit to reverse the sign on EV VAC values which was not always getting saved when the file was saved.
August 10, 2017
- Project Interface: Now we turn off the Anti-aliasing feature during Project Refresh to improve refresh times on some computers.
August 1, 2017
- GUI: Made out-of-row symbols easier to select with the mouse.
July 20, 2017
- Project Interface: Export to project, corrected an issue with working day getting set to true in Project for Sunday.
- Project Interface: Corrected column tag on Coded Symbols and Slips template.
- Project Interface: Made a correction to coded options to fix a problem with color and section titles.
- Project Interface: Corrected title of Birds on the Wire template.
- Project Interface: Corrected “refresh using” field on form (was getting cut off).
- Project Interface: Corrected tooltips on refresh dialog.
- Project Interface: Link to active task (for a symbol), corrected dialog box to fill in last used Unique ID field.
- Project Interface: Made a correction to coded options to fix a problem with color and section titles
June 29, 2017
- GUI: Free-form text hyperlinks to web sites will now be included in the HTML files created by the Internet Publishing feature.
June 15, 2017
- GUI: Entering Program Key for Current User Only was still causing the UAC prompt to appear. This has been fixed.
- Project Interface: Changes made to better support Project Online.
May 23, 2017
- GUI: Sorting of symbols corrected to ensure that any upward pointing vertical connectors in last task row get sorted correctly.
May 18, 2017
- GUI: Two new options added to symbol tag overlay feature to show file nickname.
May 12, 2017
- GUI: Problem with non-display of secondary horizontal connectors when the first horizontal connector points to a prior date has been corrected.
May 10, 2017
- Project Interface: Added an option to Export to Project. Previously, % complete was always set in project. When % complete was set, Project sometimes changed the start and end dates of the task. Now, setting % complete is optional.
- Project Interface: Corrected an issue with Link to Active MS Project Task for languages other than English.
- Project Interface: Added fix for other languages when adding a column.
April 26, 2017
- GUI: Added menu to Symbol Maker to show list and file sizes of current embedded symbols in a schedule.
- GUI: Added fix to properly set file size when two stage file saves is in use.
April 25, 2017
- Project Interface: For Coded Symbols and bars, was not remembering choices for symbol text, corrected
April 14, 2017
- Project Interface: Added Number fields Number1-20 to list of Unique ID fields
- Project Interface: Corrected an issue with Link to Active MS Project Tasks. When multiple tasks were selected tasks were sometimes being tagged incorrectly
April 6, 2017
- GUI: Problem with incorrect display of custom symbols in Calendar View has been corrected.
April 5, 2017
- Project Interface: WBS field was not working as a way to tag tasks and symbols within the Project Interface. This has been corrected.
March 6, 2017
- GUI: Updated GUI to use currently accepted calculation for the VAC EV column, i.e. VAC=BAC-EAC. An option in the Tools | Program Options | Edit allows the prior calculation to be used, which was VAC=EAC-BAC.
February 3, 2017
- Project Interface: Fixed a problem with the Project Interface Screen sometimes not being aligned with the Milestones window.
January 27, 2017
- Project Interface: Fixed a problem with custom project import templates, where the lines per page was being reset.
- Project Interface: fixed an issue with symbol text appearing on two lines when only one line is expected.
- GUI: updated some samples, the Milestones Help files, and the Milestones Automation Help file.
January 10, 2017
- Project Interface: for refresh, symbol text wasn’t getting refreshed on some symbols with only one line of text.
- Project Interface: minor changes to dialog boxes.
- GUI: option to open any Milestones file as a template added to all template open dialogs.
January 5, 2017
- Project Interface: for refresh, added option to only refresh from visible tasks.
- Project Interface: added legend for custom symbology.
- Project Interface: for open from Project Server, forced project to top.
December 14, 2016
- Project Interface: some field names were not appearing in the refresh dialog.
- GUI: added message box in DataGraph dialogs to explain importance of ValueSet date alignment when using stacked bars.