Is your copy of Milestones Professional 2017 up-to-date?
Check under Help | Keys and Information | View System Info for a Rev. date,
or, if you are not using the Enhanced Toolbar, check under Help | About Milestones | System Info
Download this Update if your Rev date is older than the current revision date (m/d/y format) of 12/12/2017
List of new features and fixes for Milestones Professional 2017
December 12, 2017
- GUI: Corrected issue where if both CY and FY Quarterly headings are in use and the starting month of quarters is not on an FY quarterly boundary, then the quarterly headings do not always align properly.
December 6, 2017
- Project Interface: Corrected an error in “tag and update” for Link to Active MS Project task.
October 31, 2017
- GUI: Additional info added to Help | View System Info screen.
October 26, 2017
- Project Interface: Problem with extra Log entries corrected.
October 10, 2017
- Project Interface: Added extra error checking to prevent Refresh issues.
September 29, 2017
- GUI: Added extra symbol resizing option to allow all symbols to have their sizes altered by a percentage value.
September 22, 2017
- GUI: Corrected potential crash when adding symbols on schedule with large number of rows per page.
September 18, 2017
- GUI: Corrected problem with FreeForm Text hyperlinks getting jumbled when a FreeForm text block gets deleted.
September 6, 2017
- GUI: Added two sample files missing from the Lessons folder.
- GUI: Corrected possible crash when symbol hover information is displayed.
August 31, 2017
- Project Interface: Corrected errors in Custom symbology 1 and 2.
August 22, 2017
- GUI: Added option in Tools | Options | Edit to turn off out-of-row symbol selection if needed. Useful on dense schedules where symbols in other rows are so close that they may be selected by mistake when adding symbols.
- GUI: Corrected option in Tools | Options | Edit to reverse the sign on EV VAC values which was not always getting saved when the file was saved.
August 10, 2017
- Project Interface: Now we turn off the Anti-aliasing feature during Project Refresh to improve refresh times on some computers.
August 1, 2017
- GUI: Made out-of-row symbols easier to select with the mouse.
July 20, 2017
- Project Interface: Export to project, corrected an issue with working day getting set to true in Project for Sunday.
- Project Interface: Corrected column tag on Coded Symbols and Slips template.
- Project Interface: Made a correction to coded options to fix a problem with color and section titles.
- Project Interface: Corrected title of Birds on the Wire template.
- Project Interface: Corrected “refresh using” field on form (was getting cut off).
- Project Interface: Corrected tooltips on refresh dialog.
- Project Interface: Link to active task (for a symbol), corrected dialog box to fill in last used Unique ID field.
- Project Interface: Made a correction to coded options to fix a problem with color and section titles
June 29, 2017
- GUI: Free-form text hyperlinks to web sites will now be included in the HTML files created by the Internet Publishing feature.
June 15, 2017
- GUI: Entering Program Key for Current User Only was still causing the UAC prompt to appear. This has been fixed.
- Project Interface: Changes made to better support Project Online.
May 23, 2017
- GUI: Sorting of symbols corrected to ensure that any upward pointing vertical connectors in last task row get sorted correctly.
May 18, 2017
- GUI: Two new options added to symbol tag overlay feature to show file nickname.
May 12, 2017
- GUI: Problem with non-display of secondary horizontal connectors when the first horizontal connector points to a prior date has been corrected.
May 10, 2017
- Project Interface: Added an option to Export to Project. Previously, % complete was always set in project. When % complete was set, Project sometimes changed the start and end dates of the task. Now, setting % complete is optional.
- Project Interface: Corrected an issue with Link to Active MS Project Task for languages other than English.
- Project Interface: Added fix for other languages when adding a column.
April 26, 2017
- GUI: Added menu to Symbol Maker to show list and file sizes of current embedded symbols in a schedule.
- GUI: Added fix to properly set file size when two stage file saves is in use.
April 25, 2017
- Project Interface: For Coded Symbols and bars, was not remembering choices for symbol text, corrected
April 14, 2017
- Project Interface: Added Number fields Number1-20 to list of Unique ID fields
- Project Interface: Corrected an issue with Link to Active MS Project Tasks. When multiple tasks were selected tasks were sometimes being tagged incorrectly
April 6, 2017
- GUI: Problem with incorrect display of custom symbols in Calendar View has been corrected.
April 5, 2017
- Project Interface: WBS field was not working as a way to tag tasks and symbols within the Project Interface. This has been corrected.
March 6, 2017
- GUI: Updated GUI to use currently accepted calculation for the VAC EV column, i.e. VAC=BAC-EAC. An option in the Tools | Program Options | Edit allows the prior calculation to be used, which was VAC=EAC-BAC.
February 3, 2017
- Project Interface: Fixed a problem with the Project Interface Screen sometimes not being aligned with the Milestones window.
January 27, 2017
- Project Interface: Fixed a problem with custom project import templates, where the lines per page was being reset.
- Project Interface: fixed an issue with symbol text appearing on two lines when only one line is expected.
- GUI: updated some samples, the Milestones Help files, and the Milestones Automation Help file.
January 10, 2017
- Project Interface: for refresh, symbol text wasn’t getting refreshed on some symbols with only one line of text.
- Project Interface: minor changes to dialog boxes.
- GUI: option to open any Milestones file as a template added to all template open dialogs.
January 5, 2017
- Project Interface: for refresh, added option to only refresh from visible tasks.
- Project Interface: added legend for custom symbology.
- Project Interface: for open from Project Server, forced project to top.
December 14, 2016
- Project Interface: some field names were not appearing in the refresh dialog.
- GUI: added message box in DataGraph dialogs to explain importance of ValueSet date alignment when using stacked bars.