Is your copy of Milestones Professional 2017 up-to-date?
Check under Help | Keys and Information | View System Info for a Rev. date,
or, if you are not using the Enhanced Toolbar, check under Help | About Milestones | System Info
Download this Update if your Rev date is older than the current revision date (m/d/y format) of 06/19/2019
List of new features and fixes for Milestones Professional 2017
June 19, 2019
- GUI: Corrected possible crash when a lot of angled freeform text is defined. Memory was being allocated but not released which would lead to a crash after enough screen refreshes were done.
March 26, 2019
- GUI: Allow the ValueSet edit dialog to handle up to 10,000 entries. The old limit was 1,000.
January 29, 2019
- GUI: Task Row Gridline overrides were not allowing the last 5 line types to be used. Now, all line types can be used.
- Project Interface: Link to active task corrected to add enterprise fields to list of ID fields.
January 19, 2019
- GUI: Occasional crash during creation of recurring task corrected.
November 27, 2018
- GUI: Possible issue with Tools | Folder Options Browse fixed.
November 20, 2018
- GUI: Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause a crash during a file save operation.
October 18, 2018
- GUI: Fixed a bug that would cause the first 32 symbols in the Toolbox to be reset to the default symbol type. This would only happen if Toolbox symbols 17-32 were all defined as symbol type 1.
October 12, 2018
- GUI: Fixed bug that would cause a crash sometimes when column text was being copied. Bug was more likely to cause a crash when the column being copied had lots of empty cells.
October 4, 2018
- GUI: Added feature to allow hyperlink select region to be larger for single hyperlink symbols when published to Internet HTML page.
September 14, 2018
- GUI: Fixed problem where having more the max allowable lines of 40 in a freeform text block would sometimes cause a crash. If more than 40 lines are needed, a note attached to an invisible symbol is a better choice.
July 6, 2018
- Automation: Added DatePos=GetSymbolProperty(row,symbol,”SymbolDatePosition”). Returns same values as SetSymbolProperty(row,symbol,”SymbolDatePosition”)
June 13, 2018
- GUI: Corrected issue with running ReReg from 32 bit Milestones on a 64 bit Windows system. ReReg was not always updating some Milestones entries in the WoW6432Node registry folder.
June 1, 2018
- GUI: Corrected issue with Summary Bar Options dialog not permitting use of symbols and bars from lower half of Toolbox.
May 15, 2018
- GUI: Improved Task Row Curtain dialog to handle editing of multiple lines at the same time. This makes it easy to apply the same settings to a block of task rows.
- GUI: Corrected issue where the wrong Toolbox edit screen appeared when the Legacy Toolbox is active.
April 3, 2018
- GUI: Added symbol text (TE) flag to Symbol Attributes Report. If there is symbol text, then it is shown also.
- GUI: Added “No Tags” option to Symbol Tag Overlay feature in the View Menu. When this open is chosen, only symbols with no tags will be indicated.
April 2, 2018
- GUI: Corrected issue with backward pointing horizontal connections not getting updated properly when a symbol prior to parent symbol gets deleted.
March 27 2018
- GUI: Added Clear buttons to the Task Row Curtain Setup dialog so that curtain override dates can be removed once added.
March 14, 2018
- GUI: Corrected a possible problem with how date heading choices are displayed in the Dates menu.
March 13, 2018
- Project Interface: Corrected a bug with Link to Active MS Project task. When adding more than 12 tasks to an empty schedule, lines added were getting erased, causing a bug.
March 7, 2018
- Project Interface: Added enterprise date fields for use with import, refresh, link to active task.
- GUI: Corrected issue where sometimes the screen would redraw more often than needed.
March 1, 2018
- Project Interface: Added a new IsFileRefreshable function to scan file for tags. If not refreshable, exit the refresh.
- Project Interface: Fixed refresh to prevent flashing on multi-page schedules.
- PowerPoint Interface: Added extra debugging calls for entry in the log file.
February 20, 2018
- GUI: Corrected horizontal scrolling problem with several dialogs that show lists of files.
- Project Interface: The minute portion of symbol times now get updated as well as the hour portion.
February 15, 2018
- GUI: Added feature that lets calculations between columns holding dates that report the result as duration to report 0 duration.
- GUI: Improved thumbnail creation for schedules with large page dimensions. Before, thumbnails for these files sometimes were compressed in the vertical dimension.
January 24, 2018
- GUI: Corrected problem where if the last symbol on a row has a backward pointing connector bar and then a prior symbol on a row is deleted then the backward pointing connector bar disappears.
January 12, 2018
- GUI: Corrected issue where sometimes vertical links would not be displayed even though they actually existed.
December 12, 2017
- GUI: Corrected issue where if both CY and FY Quarterly headings are in use and the starting month of quarters is not on an FY quarterly boundary, then the quarterly headings do not always align properly.
December 6, 2017
- Project Interface: Corrected an error in “tag and update” for Link to Active MS Project task.
October 31, 2017
- GUI: Additional info added to Help | View System Info screen.
October 26, 2017
- Project Interface: Problem with extra Log entries corrected.
October 10, 2017
- Project Interface: Added extra error checking to prevent Refresh issues.
September 29, 2017
- GUI: Added extra symbol resizing option to allow all symbols to have their sizes altered by a percentage value.
September 22, 2017
- GUI: Corrected potential crash when adding symbols on schedule with large number of rows per page.
September 18, 2017
- GUI: Corrected problem with FreeForm Text hyperlinks getting jumbled when a FreeForm text block gets deleted.
September 6, 2017
- GUI: Added two sample files missing from the Lessons folder.
- GUI: Corrected possible crash when symbol hover information is displayed.
August 31, 2017
- Project Interface: Corrected errors in Custom symbology 1 and 2.
August 22, 2017
- GUI: Added option in Tools | Options | Edit to turn off out-of-row symbol selection if needed. Useful on dense schedules where symbols in other rows are so close that they may be selected by mistake when adding symbols.
- GUI: Corrected option in Tools | Options | Edit to reverse the sign on EV VAC values which was not always getting saved when the file was saved.
August 10, 2017
- Project Interface: Now we turn off the Anti-aliasing feature during Project Refresh to improve refresh times on some computers.
August 1, 2017
- GUI: Made out-of-row symbols easier to select with the mouse.
July 20, 2017
- Project Interface: Export to project, corrected an issue with working day getting set to true in Project for Sunday.
- Project Interface: Corrected column tag on Coded Symbols and Slips template.
- Project Interface: Made a correction to coded options to fix a problem with color and section titles.
- Project Interface: Corrected title of Birds on the Wire template.
- Project Interface: Corrected “refresh using” field on form (was getting cut off).
- Project Interface: Corrected tooltips on refresh dialog.
- Project Interface: Link to active task (for a symbol), corrected dialog box to fill in last used Unique ID field.
- Project Interface: Made a correction to coded options to fix a problem with color and section titles
June 29, 2017
- GUI: Free-form text hyperlinks to web sites will now be included in the HTML files created by the Internet Publishing feature.
June 15, 2017
- GUI: Entering Program Key for Current User Only was still causing the UAC prompt to appear. This has been fixed.
- Project Interface: Changes made to better support Project Online.
May 23, 2017
- GUI: Sorting of symbols corrected to ensure that any upward pointing vertical connectors in last task row get sorted correctly.
May 18, 2017
- GUI: Two new options added to symbol tag overlay feature to show file nickname.
May 12, 2017
- GUI: Problem with non-display of secondary horizontal connectors when the first horizontal connector points to a prior date has been corrected.
May 10, 2017
- Project Interface: Added an option to Export to Project. Previously, % complete was always set in project. When % complete was set, Project sometimes changed the start and end dates of the task. Now, setting % complete is optional.
- Project Interface: Corrected an issue with Link to Active MS Project Task for languages other than English.
- Project Interface: Added fix for other languages when adding a column.
April 26, 2017
- GUI: Added menu to Symbol Maker to show list and file sizes of current embedded symbols in a schedule.
- GUI: Added fix to properly set file size when two stage file saves is in use.
April 25, 2017
- Project Interface: For Coded Symbols and bars, was not remembering choices for symbol text, corrected
April 14, 2017
- Project Interface: Added Number fields Number1-20 to list of Unique ID fields
- Project Interface: Corrected an issue with Link to Active MS Project Tasks. When multiple tasks were selected tasks were sometimes being tagged incorrectly
April 6, 2017
- GUI: Problem with incorrect display of custom symbols in Calendar View has been corrected.
April 5, 2017
- Project Interface: WBS field was not working as a way to tag tasks and symbols within the Project Interface. This has been corrected.
March 6, 2017
- GUI: Updated GUI to use currently accepted calculation for the VAC EV column, i.e. VAC=BAC-EAC. An option in the Tools | Program Options | Edit allows the prior calculation to be used, which was VAC=EAC-BAC.
February 3, 2017
- Project Interface: Fixed a problem with the Project Interface Screen sometimes not being aligned with the Milestones window.
January 27, 2017
- Project Interface: Fixed a problem with custom project import templates, where the lines per page was being reset.
- Project Interface: fixed an issue with symbol text appearing on two lines when only one line is expected.
- GUI: updated some samples, the Milestones Help files, and the Milestones Automation Help file.
January 10, 2017
- Project Interface: for refresh, symbol text wasn’t getting refreshed on some symbols with only one line of text.
- Project Interface: minor changes to dialog boxes.
- GUI: option to open any Milestones file as a template added to all template open dialogs.
January 5, 2017
- Project Interface: for refresh, added option to only refresh from visible tasks.
- Project Interface: added legend for custom symbology.
- Project Interface: for open from Project Server, forced project to top.
December 14, 2016
- Project Interface: some field names were not appearing in the refresh dialog.
- GUI: added message box in DataGraph dialogs to explain importance of ValueSet date alignment when using stacked bars.