Is your copy of Milestones Professional 2015 up-to-date?
Check under Help | Keys and Information | View System Info for a Rev. date,
or, if you are not using the Enhanced Toolbar, check under Help | About Milestones | System Info
Download this Update if your Rev date is older than the current revision date (m/d/y format) of 12/7/2017
List of new features and fixes for Milestones Professional 2015
December 7, 2017
- Project Interface: Corrected clipboard error causing error when refreshing.
September 6, 2017
- GUI: Corrected possible crash when symbol hover information is displayed.
August 22, 2017
- GUI: Added option in Tools | Options | Edit to turn off out-of-row symbol selection if needed. Useful on dense schedules where symbols in other rows are so close that they may be selected by mistake when adding symbols.
- GUI: Corrected option in Tools | Options | Edit to reverse the sign on EV VAC values which was not always getting saved when the file was saved.
August 10, 2017
- Project Interface: Now we turn off the Anti-aliasing feature during Project Refresh to improve refresh times on some computers.
August 2, 2017
- GUI: Made out-of-row symbols easier to select with mouse.
July 11, 2017
- Project Interface: Export to project, corrected an issue with working day getting set to true in Project for Sunday.
May 30, 2017
- GUI: Problem with upward pointing vertical connectors in last line being ignored when symbols are sorted has been corrected.
May 12, 2017
- GUI: Problem with non-display of secondary horizontal connectors when the first horizontal connector points to a prior date has been corrected.
April 6, 2017
- GUI: Problem with incorrect display of custom symbols in Calendar View has been corrected.
April 5, 2017
- Project Interface: WBS field was not working as a way to tag tasks and symbols within the Project Interface. This has been corrected.
March 8, 2017
- Project Interface: For coded symbols and bars, symbology type 9, corrected issue with tags on start and finish.
March 6, 2017
- GUI: Updated GUI to use currently accepted calculation for the VAC EV column, i.e. VAC=BAC-EAC. An option in the Tools | Program Options | Edit allows the prior calculation to be used, which was VAC=EAC-BAC.
February 3, 2017
- Project Interface: Fixed a problem with the Project Interface Screen sometimes not being aligned with the Milestones window.
November 17, 2016
- GUI: Problem with screen refresh after a file save was corrected.
November 15, 2016
- GUI: Problem with displaying custom symbols with single line segments was fixed.
November 10, 2016
- GUI: Limit of 798 daily gridlines and daily heading entries raised from 798 to 1798.
October 28, 2016
- Project Interface: When linking a symbol to an MS Project task, corrected an error in the nickname tag field when “tag symbol text” unchecked.
October 20, 2016
- Project Interface: Corrected an error when populating a column with tasks from the active project.
September 26, 2016
- GUI: Milestones should now remember Toolbar height adjustments.
September 2, 2016
- Project Interface: added more error checking to refresh from MS Project server.
- Project Interface: added more error handling to coded symbols and bars 2 import format.
August 22, 2016
- Project Interface: added some more error checking.
July 29, 2016
- GUI: fixed a crash issue with the Edit ValueSet dialog.
July 27, 2016
- Project Interface: fixed an issue with refresh related to Link to Active MS Project task.
Refresh of the task was not updating correctly when no symbol text was chosen.
July 25, 2016
- GUI: When a Spell Check is requested, Milestones now checks to ensure the needed spell checker files are available.
If the files are not available, a warning is displayed.
June 24, 2016
- Project Interface: Any Logarithmic View settings are saved/restored before/after an import. Turning Logarithmic View
off during an import speeds it up.
June 23, 2016
- Project Interface: corrected an issue with the Export to Project functionality by setting default task type to fixed units.
- Project Interface: changed formatting of startvariance to match other duration fields.
- GUI: holiday calendar now always allows the use of the keyboard pg up and pg dn keys.
June 21, 2016
- Project Interface: added extra resetescapekey
- Project Interface: corrected column heading for first right-most column, when stoplight column is added via the wizard.
- Project Interface: corrected an issue with legend not being displayed for finishdatesrolledup
- Project Interface: corrected an issue with summary dates affecting stoplight calculations for stoplight columns for two dates.
June 17, 2016
- Project Interface: for custom import templates, corrected an issue with templates created
using the finishdatesrolledup choice.
- Project Interface: for coded outlined, corrected % complete for start and finish (symbology #4).
June 7, 2016
- Automation: New Property added to SetSymbolProperty. The “CombineTextLines” property can be 0 or 1. 1 means to dispal all 3 symbol
text lines in a single line. 0 means to display as normal.
June 2, 2016
- GUI: Correction made to ensure dialog shadows on Windows 10 display correctly.
May 20, 2016
- GUI: Page number made easier to select when chart has no left-side columns.
May 15, 2016
- GUI: Some Toolbar icons updated.
May 13, 2016
- GUI: Some Toolbar icons updated.
- GUI: Removed unnecessary changes to ‘last used MPP’ setting when some Project Interface options are used.
May 6, 2016
- GUI: Added files needed to support improved Start menu icons for Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- GUI: Updated the Milestones main Help file and the Automation Help file.
April 20, 2016
- GUI: Corrected problem that caused the slow refresh due to anti-alias message to appear when it should not.
- GUI: Corrected problem that caused the screen to not refresh sometimes when show/hide year settings in date columns were changed.
April 15, 2016
- GUI: Corrected problem where the tool to convert symbol text to note text was ignoring Toolbox
text positioning and assuming that all text positions were overridden in each symbol. This update now
uses the toolbox text positions unless overidden by the symbol settings.
April 8, 2016
- Project Interface: added population of symbol notes to Link to active project task feature.
- Project Interface: fixed symbol text/note formatting for currency fields for link to active task and refresh.
- Project Interface: corrected an error which occured when a resource chart type was selected prior to a coded schedule.
- Project Interface: for refresh, restricted the “refreshwith” field to just fields in the list.
- GUI: Corrected Toolbar height issue when large icons used in legacy bar and Alt-Shift-Y is used to switch to normal Enhanced Toolbar.
March 31, 2016
- Automation: Added SymbolTextColor and LineByLineTextAlign to the GetSymbolProerty method.
March 18, 2016
- GUI: Corrected problem where high/low ValueSet graphs may not line up if the ValueSets involved
did not start on the same date.
March 9, 2016
- GUI: Added option to Symbol Names Report to also include Symbol Text.
- Automation: TextAngle property added to SetFreeTextProperty method.
February 9, 2016
- GUI: corrected issue with symbols and bars sometimes not lining up correctly in Logarithmic view
when hourly/minute is active and symbol times were not set at noon. Note, in Logarithmic view
all symbols and bars appear on a day at noon, regardless of actual symbol time.
January 20, 2016
- Project Interface: corrected issue with symbols not being saved in correct order after refresh when some options not selected.
January 5, 2016
- Project Interface: corrected issue with accuracy for duration and slack fields.
- Project Interface: for coded gantt chart, corrected percent complete issue when set indiv. bar not selecte.
- Project Interface: for custom symbology, corrected an issue where if no % complete selected status still being set.
November 10, 2015
- Project Interface: for coded symbols and bars, coded symbols and bars 2 and coded outlined, changed so
that page size not applied to template.
November 2, 2015
- Project Interface: for custom Project import templates created with coded symbols and bars,
corrected an issue in the wizard. Controls which are not used for this format have been disabled.
October 26, 2015
- Project Interface: fixed issue with flag field not being retained for Enterprise flag fields.
- Project Interface: fixed issue with coded symbols and bars symbology type 3.
October 23, 2015
- Project Interface: Coded Symbols and bars, corrected status
problem for symbology type 5, corrected symbol text for type 4 symbology.
- Project Interface: updated Milestones help file with additional details for coded
symbols and bars and coded outlined formats.
- Project Interface: for “let the wizard guide you” corrected column selection issue
- Project Interface: enhanced Project to Milestones wizard to enable used of enterprise Flag fields for filtering tasks.
- Project Interface: for refresh, corrected an issue with enterprise fields not always refreshing.
- Project Interface: for Populate Columns, corrected so that when enterprise field is inserted field will populate.
- Project Interface: If Project Refresh file list is deleted, future attempts to refresh will use the correct file open dialog.
September 28, 2015
- GUI: Milestones will offer to turn off Anti-Aliasing if it detects slow drawing (more than 2 seconds to draw the Toolbox).
September 23, 2015
- GUI: Extra screen refresh on file open issue when file with more than 1 symbol that has the
Initialize to Current Date of Schedule Constraint has been corrected.
September 21, 2015
- GUI: Corrections to File Save As dialog (when Advanced Dialogs are not active) to ensure that
the correct file name extension is selected for either version 2015 (.mlf) or version 2012 (.mle).
September 16, 2015
- GUI: Corrections to handling and messages concerning the handling of being unable to insert a new column when all 20 columns are already in use.
- GUI: Option added to Filter dialog to control if symbols and bars are rolled up
to summary rows when source task row is excluded via a filter operation.
August 18, 2015
- MS Project Import: Refresh from Project Server list now allows files to be replaced in the list.
- GUI: The textual Milestones Task Report created when the schedule is copied to the Clipboard now includes indicator text for Values columns.
July 24, 2015
- MS Project Import: for coded symbols and bars, coded outlined and coded symbols
and bars2 formats: added check for custom template. If used, start and end dates
will not change and date headings will stay the same.
- GUI: “Date from symbol with matching automation tag” SmartColumns now respect
Custom Date Format settings.
July 21, 2015
- GUI: Further updates to improve display on high res monitors. Color selection screen corrected
to display correctly sized at 200%. A Copy button was added to enable the current RGB settings
to be copied to the clipboard.
July 20, 2015
- GUI: Further updates to improve display on high res monitors.
July 16, 2015
- GUI: Further updates to improve display on high res monitors.
- GUI: Correction of problem introduced in 7/11 rev concerning display of color themes in Toolbar.
July 11, 2015
- GUI: Better support added for high res monitors (2560×1440 or larger) configured to run at a font scale of 200% or greater.
In this revision larger icons are automatically used.
- GUI: Various drawing anomalies fixed when using a high res monitor at any font scale
July 1, 2015
- MS Project Import: corrected an exception error in import of XML files.
- GUI: Better support added for high res monitors configured to run at a font scale of 200% or greater.
In this revision the Toolbox will double in size so that it is easier to use.
June 29, 2015
- MS Project Import: corrected error in Tasks by Resource – Detailed. Work hours were being reported by task instead of by resource.
June 25, 2015
- GUI: Charts that use the symbol date format day from start with a non-zero starting number, now
display the correct number also in Summary Bars.
- GUI: Overlaying a ValueSet that has stacked bars no longer causes a crash. However, when a stacked bar ValueSet is overlayed onto
DataGraph 1, the bars will not stack.
June 19, 2015
- MS Project Import: added supporting code for Microsoft Project Toolbar add in (Milestones Project Toolbar Add In).
- MS Project Import: corrected an unhandled exception error “Conversion from string to type integer….”.
- MS Project Import: corrected an issue with the refresh report closing unexpectedly.
- MS Project Import: for Microsoft Project Refresh, added option for the reporting of items which are in the Microsoft Project schedule but not on the Milestones Schedule. (Previously always on).
- MS Project Import: for coded symbols and bars, added an optional title field.
- GUI: New option in Tools | Options | Dates to enable negative numbered weekly, monthly, or yearly date headings to actually show the minus sign in the heading.
June 2, 2015
- MS Project Import: minor adjustments to Link to Active MS Project task. For multi-monitor setups force form to appear on same monitor as wizard.
- MS Project Import: minor adjustments to symbology for coded outlined, type 12.
- MS Project Import: for monitors with extra large font sizes, changed refresh report to work around a Windows issue related to large font sizes.
- Automation: Added new property to SetSymbolProperty: BarOnTop. Use 1 to force bars coming from this symbol to be on top, 0 to display in date order (the default).
May 21, 2015
- MS Project Import: updated templates so that when they are later refreshed with added symbol notes, the symbol notes will display.
- MS Project Import: corrected “non-refreshable” tag for several templates.
- MS Project Import: orrected an error in dialog box for Project Custom Templates, when only one template exists.
- MS Project Import: Added code to clear custom Project field attributes prior to creating Project schedules from Milestones.
- MS Project Import: Added diagnostics for creating Project schedules from Milestones Will only appear if Project debug is on.
May 13, 2015
- MS Project Import: for custom templates, corrected an issue with 3d highlighting.
- MS Project Import: for exporting a schedule to Microsoft Project, correct option to tag the Milestones schedule with Project Unique IDs.
- MS Project Import: for coded symbols and bars2 and coded outlined added type 12 to display baseline start + finish and start + finish with option to use status date.
April 27, 2015
- MS Project Import: when Microsoft Project file is corrupted when start date is after project end date, added error detection.
- MS Project Import: in wizard, coded options panel, eliminated “wait cursor”.
- MS Project Import: in wizard, for coded symbols and bars 2 option fixed to display status date drop down.
- MS Project Import: for coded symbols and bars added type 12 to display baseline start + finish and start + finish with option to use status date.
April 24, 2015
- GUI: File Compare results chart now shows added symbols at same level as the symbols they connect to.
- GUI: File Compare now considers any nicknames when comparing UIDs.
April 21, 2015
- GUI: Connector type 72 added.
April 14, 2015
- GUI: When using Copy Bitmap to Clipboard option, chart is now put into Fit-in-Window view to ensure correct lines get copied.
- MS Project Import: when no symbol text on schedule, corrected refresh to add symbol text during refresh.
- MS Project Import: adjusted Coded-Birds on a Wire to stagger symbol text to avoid text collision.
April 10, 2015
- MS Project Import: added new “Coded Outlined” import format.
- MS Project Import: updated help for new coded outlined format.
- MS Project Import: corrected dialog box to limit nicknames to 8 characters.
- MS Project Import: fixed issue with extra spaces in symbol tag when linking to active MS Project task.
April 8, 2015
- GUI: Corrected problem where if a sort was Undone, then task rows after the first page may be deleted.
- GUI: Tools | Files and Automation | ReReg updated to delete unneeded 32 bit registry entries when run on a 64 bit system.
- Automation: New parameters added to AddTaskUsingDuration to allow the tags of both
symbols to be set, as well as the symbol text for the second symbol.
April 6, 2015
- GUI: Corrected problem with vertical and horizontal scrolling at some mag factors. Problem
mostly appeared on large high resolution monitors.
- Automation: New property added to SetMiscProperty:
SetMiscProperty(“OpenWithArrowToolActive”,0) means turn off the open with arrow tool option
SetMiscProperty(“OpenWithArrowToolActive”,1) means turn on the open with arrow tool option and also
immediately switch toolbox to the arrow tool
March 27, 2015
- MS Project Import: corrected some of the tooltips/help in the Project Import Wizard.
- GUI: Added feature to the Connections | Project Refresh menu to allow mass editing
of the UID field in symbol and cell automation tags. This is useful in situations where
MS Project or other situations have necessitated going to a new UID numbering scheme.
March 23, 2015
- MS Project Import: fixed an issue with retrieving group settings for Coded Gantt bars.
- MS Project Import: corrected an error in “link to active project task” when dialog box used.
- GUI: Fix made to avoid possible crash when trying to delete embedded symbol bitmaps.
March 19, 2015
- MS Project Import: corrected error in coded presentation timeline.
- GUI: File compare menu added to Project Refresh buttons.
March 9, 2015
- MS Project Import: potential corruption of schedule tag string corrected.
- MS Project Import: corrected populate column to not close when no active MS Project schedule.
- MS Project Import: added error detection and improved error messages when Microsoft Project is awaiting user action.
March 7, 2015
- GUI: Dates of MilesMAPI.exe and MilesMAPI64.exe included in System Info screen.
- GUI: File Send command corrected to better support Windows 8. To get this update you must download
the updated MilesMAPI executables from: http://www.kidasa.net/downloadmapiformiles2015.html
- GUI: Minor fix in handling of connector 71.
February 27, 2015
- MS Project Import: In Project Import Wizard corrected a problem where the setting of the include stoplights column was sometimes ignored.
- Pick color from screen fixed to handle multiple monitors where some monitors have negative coordinates.
- GUI: New button was added in Symbol toolbar that enables symbol links to be updated without having to leave the symbol toolbar.
- MS Project Import: In Project Import wizard, problem with the show legend button sometimes being ignored was fixed.
- MS Project Import: corrected an issue related to DataGraph alignment.
February 20, 2015
- GUI: Updated some vertical connectors to have more consistent appearance between normal and anti-aliased versions.
February 18, 2015
- GUI: Updated rendering of dotted lines into metafiles to render as they did before version 2015. Some dotted lines were being
displayed too lightly, especially if a chart was scaled down as it was being pasted into PowerPoint.
January 30, 2015
- MS Project Interface: corrected refresh issue when date range changes after linking a symbol to Microsoft Project.
- MS Project Interface: corrected text size issue for certain formats using tabloid size.
- MS Project Interface: corrected dialog box size issues when Windows font size is not 100%.
- GUI: Updated Help | View System Info to detect Windows 10.
January 28, 2015
- GUI: Changes made to improve display of connector type 71 when line type 27 is used as the connector outline.
January 27, 2015
- GUI: Changes made to some display elements to better support small monitors that use high resolution
such as a Yoga 2 or 3 set at 3200×1800 resolution while also using 200% font size.
January 26, 2015
- GUI: Corrected problem with the manually tagging of symbols to be refeshed from Project. Sometimes
the wrong field was being placed into the tag.
- GUI: New connector added. This connector is a bar connector that is always the
same height as the task row. It is not date sensitive and it always
appears behind all other connectors.
- GUI: In XML Import, some import formats were not respecting the user’s choice for Unique Identifier.
January 18, 2015
- GUI: Added setting to Toolbox properties to optionally show after status colors in bar connectors when displayed in the Toolbox.
January 16, 2015
- GUI: Updated PDF file associated with Tutorial 17.
- GUI: Corrected problem where sometimes the control to indicate 3-D look for the
percent symbol would not be available.
January 13, 2015
- GUI: Improvements made to PDF creation which may eliminate some of the
security issues with web hyperlinks in Milestones created PDF files.
January 12, 2015
- GUI: Corrected problem that prevented connector type change to first symbol on
line when the connector was from a later symbol.
December 16, 2014
- GUI: Added a new Tools | Earned Value Report: Earned Value Dashboard Report.
December 3, 2014
- GUI: Added a new Tools | Earned Value Report: Earned Value Schedule Status Report.
- GUI: Corrected some issues with Tools | Earned Value Reports where some reports did not work on schedules imported from MS Project.
November 26, 2014
- GUI: Fixed issue with Logarithmic display if Logarithmic view active and columns added, deleted, or changed in Page Layout dialog and then the OK button is pressed.
- GUI: Corrected issue with anti-alias display not being restored after the new file wizard is used.
November 19, 2014
- MS Project Interface: for custom import templates, updated to respect selections made in the template.
- MS Project Interface: enhanced project interface to use common unique ID for import, link to active task, and refresh.
- MS Project Interface: when adding project server schedules to refresh list, corrected an error which occurred with first use.
- MS Project Interface: for link to active project task, now possible to use enterprise fields for ID.
- GUI: No longer allow invalid setting of 0 frequency in Vertical Gridline dialog.
November 11, 2014
- MS Project Interface: corrected an error with ad-hoc tagging of symbols. If tag symbol text and note not selected nickname was not being added to the tag.
November 7, 2014
- GUI: Added Send as PDF option.
- GUI: Corrected occasional invalid page number display in Manage Pictures dialog.
November 5, 2014
- GUI: Added wider line type for use in Line DataGraphs.
November 3, 2014
- GUI: Corrected issue with Internet Published HTML files not being closed when the UTF-8 option is chosen.