Is your copy of Milestones Professional 2012 up-to-date?
Check under Help | Keys and Information | View System Info for a Rev. date,
or, if you are not using the Enhanced Toolbar, check under Help | About Milestones | System Info
Download this Update if your Rev date is older than the current revision date (m/d/y format) of 5/14/2016
List of new features and fixes
May 14, 2016
- GUI: View System Info now display correct Operating System version on Windows 10.
- GUI: View System Info now display complete list of installed .NET versions.
- GUI: Some Toolbar icons replaced with improved versions.
- INSTALLER: Installers now install needed files to support enhanced Start menu tiles for Windows 8 and Windows 10.
January 22, 2016
- GUI: Corrected issue with upward pointing vertical connectors not always updating correctly from automation programs.
July 13, 2015
- GUI: Better support added for high res monitors (2560×1440 or larger) configured to run at a font scale of 200% or greater.
- GUI: Various drawing anomalies fixed when using a high res monitor at any font scale
April 8, 2015
- GUI: Corrected problem where if a sort was Undone, then task rows after the first page may be deleted.
April 7, 2015
- GUI: Corrected problem with vertical and horizontal scrolling at some mag factors. Problem mostly appeared on large high resolution monitors.
March 7, 2015
- Corrected screen placement for File Send command dialog.
- File Send command corrected to better support Windows 8. To get this update you must download the updated MilesMAPI executables from: http://www.kidasa.net/downloadmapiformiles2012.html
January 30, 2015
- MS Project Interface: corrected a text size issue for certain import formats using large page sizes.
- MS Project Interface: For refresh, corrected an error.
January 13, 2015
- Improvements made to PDF creation which may eliminate some of the security issues with web hyperlinks in Milestones crteated PDF file.
January 12, 2015
- Corrected problem that prevented connector type change to first symbol on line when the connector was from a later symbol.
December 4, 2014
- Added a new Tools | Earned Value Report: Earned Value Schedule Status Report.
- Corrected some issues with Tools | Earned Value Reports where some reports did not work on schedules imported from MS Project.
November 17, 2014
- MS Project Interface: For link to active project task …. corrected an error with using Enterprise unique ID fields.
October 24, 2014
- Fixed some places where symbol mark did not appear on Custom Symbols.
September 30, 2014
- Fixed a sometimes file corruption problem that can happen if the file is saved just after an Internet Publishing operation that includes an Image Map.
- MS Project Interface: – Corrected wizard display of Project fields available for graphing.
September 29, 2014
- Problem with multiple yearly headings sometimes displaying out of synch has been fixed.
September 19, 2014
- Project Interface: Changed duration formating for zero values to use same formatting as non-zero.
September 11, 2014
- Fix put in to avoid crashes when there are a large number of Project Server Custom fields to display.
September 4, 2014
- Project Interface: Added Deadline field to list of available fields when linking a symbol to a project task.
August 15, 2014
- Improved appearance of embedded bitmap symbols.
August 14, 2014
- Fixes problem with baseline cost in XML files being ignored in imports.
June 27, 2014
- Should eliminate a crash related to reading files with named symbols.
June 19, 2014
- Should eliminate problems selecting free-form text, lines, boxes, and circles when the combo Toolbox is being used and the Open with Arrow Tool option is selected.
June 6, 2014
- Project Interface: Corrected error in Project refresh when “update dependent symbols” selected.
- Project Interface: Changed coded import to allow only importing a single row.
- Should eliminate some errors creating bitmaps when the schedule dimensions are large.
- Should fix issues when importing Project or Project format XML files when the short date format as specified in Control Panel Regional Settings includes MMM or MMMM.
April 26, 2014
- Project Interface: Updated several earned value templates to improve accuracy of earned value calculations.
- Corrected a possible crash. Sometimes, but only on Windows 8.0 or 8.1, Milestones would crash if a schedule object was copied to the Clipboard, and File Explorer was open, and the File Explorer ribbon was showing.
April 3, 2014
- Corrected a space calculation issue for DataGraphs when the chart size is very small.
- Project Interface: Corrected an error in import using Summary – Compact Sequential.
March 20, 2014
- Project Interface: fixed issue in Primavera import, no field names in drop-downs in wizards.
- Project Interface: fixed error in Primavera import, not handling invalid dates correctly.
February 13, 2014
- Project Interface: For Project Notes, added carriage return+line feed so multi-line notes will appear on separate lines in symbol notes and in columns.
- Project Interface: Additional error checking added to “Link to Active Project Task” function
February 6, 2014
- Made a change which may prevent erroneous “file already open” messages when opening a file using Windows Explorer from a network drive. To apply the fix, download the update, then in the Tools | Program Options | Files and Automation screen, press the ReReg button. This requires Admin access.
January 27, 2014
- Corrected a problem that was not allowing all possible lines to display in a cell even if there was enough room. Most of the time the problem was not apparent except in large size charts that were being converted to metafiles or PDFs.
January 7, 2014
- MS Project interface: For Coded Import option, added a fix to compress spaces on left of code fields.
- In Help | View System Info screen, added button to copy info to Clipboard.
December 13, 2013
- MS Project Import – added option to use flag for coded import selections
- Cell background colors were sometimes getting removed when the file was saved if the task row was otherwise empty and had no populated lines after it.
- MS Project Import – when refreshing from master schedule list, fixed an error related to enterprise fields
- Paste Free-Form Text Block now pastes to the current page
- Holiday Calendar Editor now sizes better when monitor has limited resolution
- Schedule Recurring Task, Daily was corrected to handle non-working days and to handle a problem when work shifts were used
- MS Project Import – Several fixes were added to better handle regional settings that uses commas as a decimal and periods as the thousands separator
- Corrected problem where Clipboard was being left locked when Milestones failed to create a bitmap file
- Help | View System Info nows properly detects Windows 8.1
- Help | View System Info nows displays any Clipboard Locks
- Option added to the symbol right-click menu that lets you set the amount of time to shift a symbol when the Shift+Arrow keyboard shortcut is used to move a symbol
- When moving symbols using the Shift+Arrow keys, when the move increment is minutes, the symbol movement now respects the Snap To value defined in the Tools | Program Options | Dates screen
- Corrected Autosave feature. Files were being autosaved in 2010 format instead of 2012 format (note that autosaved files are just a copy in the users temp folder. Autosave never overfiles the original file). Files would restore, but 2012 features would be missing.
- When an Autosaved file is restored, you now get prompted to save it on close, which is necessary to actually overwrite the previously bad or out-of-date file with the same name. Note, when a file is restored via Autosave, only the in-memory copy is restored, not the actual file on disk, which is why the prompt was added.
- Alternate circle drawing feature removed as it was causing alignment problems with the outline of a circle not always matching the circle fill
- Option added to Format | Symbol Notes screen to allow you to set a flag that attempts to prevent the symbol note connector from overlaying the symbol
- Sorting columns containing numbers corrected to properly handle commas in the numbers when sort as currency not selected
- Correction in the ValueSet edit screen to correct a copy/paste problem
- MS Project Import – Corrected refresh for “solo milestones”. If set percent complete for individual symbols option is ON, now sets the % for individual milestones to zero if percent complete is less than 100
- MS Project Import – For Milestone import formats – Sets % complete for individual milestones
- MS Project Import – Corrected template for Coded Finish Dates
- Added new automation method: DeleteAllStatusSymbols, which has no parameters and if called, deletes all status symbols in the entire schedule similar to the GUI menu option under the Edit menu
- Fixed problem where off-page rolled up split-summary bar symbols were in wrong location after a date range change
- MS Project Import – Updated one of the Wizard screens to correct a sizing problem
- Improved appearance of percent complete symbol
- MS Project Import – fixed an “error 13/integer conversion” when non-numeric tag used for coded presentation timeline format
- Added option to include Hard Returns when creating the text version of the file when Edit | Copy Schedule is selected
- Additional info added to Help | View System info screen
- Additional debug info displayed for Automation | Loadfile call when automation debug mode is active
- Correction in the MS Project Export option
- Correction such that the new After Status Symbol Override feature now respects the Dates | Symbols: Fill to Status Date option
September 5, 2013
- MS Project interface: Added new Coded Symbols and Bars format to make it easier than ever to generate 1 to 2 page presentation charts directly from Microsoft Project.
- MS Project interface: For Coded Summary chart types, increased code length to 20. This will make it easier to set up grouping for these coded formats: Coded Presentation Timeline, Coded Finish Dates, Coded Gantt Chart, Coded Colored Bars.
- MS Project interface: For Scatter Chart format, corrected issue with incorrect tagging.
- MS Project interface: For most import choices, added the option to set the % complete for individual bars.
- MS Project interface: For refresh, added option to refresh multiple bars on a task row.
- MS Project interface: For compact sequential tasks, changed template.
- MS Project interface: For symbol notes: added formatting for currency, %, duration.
- MS Project interface: Added additional error detection and correction.
- Added new feature that lets symbols and bars have an override percent complete specified.
- Added new feature that allows you to specify that summary bars always fill to the current date regardless of the percent complete for the summary row.
August 1, 2013
- MS Project interface: coded summary with slips, fixed to show baseline.
- MS Project interface: coded gantt bars, minor color correction.
- MS Project interface: coded gantt bars, improved handling of numeric code fields.
- Problem with taskline ValueSets in the very last line not being shifted during a Shift All Dates operation has been corrected.
July 17, 2013
- MS Project interface: improved date headings.
- MS Project interface: enhanced % complete updating for milestones. If not 100% will show hollow.
- MS Project interface: corrected custom symbology for “let the wizard guide you” choice.
- MS Project interface: enhanced percentcomplete for custom symbology/”let the wizard guide you.
- MS Project interface: added finish dates rolled up to the “let the wizard guide you” symbology choice.
- MS Project interface: corrected coded gantt bar symbology.
July 3, 2013
- Improvements to handling of a keyed % Complete in a percent complete column to set a single milestones to 0% or 100%.
July 1, 2013
- More options added to vertical spacing for upper/lower symbols.
June 26, 2013
- MS Project interface: enhanced refresh to enable use of number fields, physical % complete, % complete, % work complete.
- MS Project interface: added “save set” feature for coded options, making it easier to save and recall.
- MS Project interface: corrected minor text placement issue for coded gantt bars templates.
June 21, 2013
- MS Project interface: Enhanced Coded Gantt Bars option to offer symbology selection.
- MS Project interface: Added confirmation option to “Clear” option for coded selections, to prevent accidental erasing of information.
- MS Project interface: Added the ability to refresh % complete in Milestones using Microsoft Project’s physical % complete, % complete, % work complete, or any number field.
- MS Project interface: Corrected custom template issues for finish date templates.
- MS Project interface: Improved several templates.
June 10, 2013
- MS Project interface: Fixes issues with refresh changing the valueset alignment.
- MS Project interface: Put in a check to see if any valuesets tagged.
June 7, 2013
- MS Project interface: Fixed issues with Milestones Project refresh, valueset values zero’d out.
- MS Project interface: Added new import option, Coded Gantt Bars.
- Value of AutomationInt now displays in Symbol Properties dialog.
May 22, 2013
- Problem with symbol text color taking on the color any displayed Note text has been corrected.
May 9, 2013
- Problem with arrowheads on some vertical connectors not displaying when just enough room is available has been corrected.
- Problem with underline tag in symbol notes not working correctly in all cases has been corrected.
April 24, 2013
- MS Project Interface: Correction made to Resource importing.
April 19, 2013
- Option added to Tools | Program Options | General to enable extra space to be added to the bottom of the Enhanced Toolbar.
- In the Valuset Enter Values dialog, it is now possible to scroll through the values using the mouse wheel.
- In the various reports available from the Tools menu, when they are copied to the Clipboard, tabs are placed such that columns should line up properly with the column headers when pasted into Excel.
April 6, 2013
- MS Project Import: – Corrected legend in project dashboard template.
- MS Project Import: – Corrected issue in refresh reporting related to symbol text selection.
- Corrected problem that prevented FTP open and save from working in the 64 bit version.
April 3, 2013
- MS Project Import: – Fixed error in “Create PowerPoint Slides from Project”.
- MS Project Import: – Fixed error in Project Refresh option.
March 22, 2013
- MS Project Import: fixed issue with Coded Summary screen.
March 20, 2013
- Find in Files option added to Edit menu to permit searching of folders for Milestones files contained a given search string.
- Display Note on Schedule checkbox added to the Edit Symbol dialog box.
- MS Project Import: fixed issues with the following Project Wizard templates: Scatter Chart, Unstarted Tasks, Earned Value Dashboard, Dashboard Summary.
March 11, 2013
- New Schedule Wizard improved.
March 8, 2013
- Problem with taskline based ValueSet font color of number display corrected.
- Alternate Print Dialog option added to Tools | Program Options | Files and Automation screen. This alternate dialog was added to overcome issues with printer drivers that are not compatible with the Windows Common dialogs.
February 1, 2013
- MS Project Export: corrected problem with exporting to MS Project.
January 30, 2013
- MS Project Import: corrected several built-in templates.
- MS PowerPoint Export: improved error detection in PowerPoint interface.
December 7, 2012
- Correction made to master schedule update code that corrects a potential memory free problem that could lead to later program crashes.
November 12, 2012
- Correction made to percent complete gridlines function. If a column was being used to specify the percent, and the column was on the right side of the chart, then the software was using the column next to the one it was supposed to use. This has been corrected.
November 7, 2012
- New line types for current date line added.
- Correction made to column movement function, which could sometimes cause a crash.
October 30, 2012
- MS Project Import: fixed Spaces and capitalization issue with coded titles in custom templates.
- MS Project Import: fixed issue with error handling when saving custom templates.
October 26, 2012
- Improved display of boxed symbol text when symbol text is displayed at an angle. Now, background color, shadow, and border are shown. Any gradient fills are still ignored.
- Option to copy/cut only visible lines now shows on the task selection menu. Before, this option was only available via Tools | Program Options | Edit.
October 25, 2012
- MS Project Import: For coded summary schedules, now allow minimum field length as low as 3.
October 24, 2012
- Improved display of boxed symbol text when symbol text is displayed at an angle. Before, the box was ignored, but now a basic unbordered box with the primary color underlies the text.
October 15, 2012
- Removed test for milespc.exe presence when importing from MS Project.
October 10, 2012
- MS Project Import: coded/dynamic rollup improved.
- MS Project Import: Clear option added to coded options dialog box.
- MS Project Import: fixed coded formats/custom template issue.
- MS Project Import: corrected custom template title issue.
October 1, 2012
- MS Project Import: fixed problem with some items not refreshing when field name abbreviations are used and the UniqueID (or other refresh field value) is less than 10 or just a single character.
September 27, 2012
- MS Project Import: fixed coded finish dates baseline issue.
- MS Project Import: for coded schedules – removed status line.
- MS Project Import: adjusted symbology for coded presentation timeline .
- MS Project Import: corrected issue with file open when importing.
- MS Project Import: corrected printing problem with refresh report.
September 24, 2012
- For the non-enhanced Toolbar view, corrected problems with menu accelerators to remove as many conflicts as possible and also added in some missing menu items.
September 20, 2012
- MS Project Import: Fixed issues with custom template titles and color critical red.
- Corrected problem that would make bars in the legend sometimes display vertically offset when a custom view factor was in use.
September 12, 2012
- Corrections made to Milestones to MS Project XML Exporter so that XML files can be read in MS Project 2010.
September 10, 2012
- MS Project Import: Addressed an issue with refresh not working when file name changed.
- MS Project Import: Fixed “update dependent symbols” option.
September 6, 2012
- MS Project Import: fixed issue with user defined titles.
- MS Project Import: fixed gantt-baseline plus actuals with status legend and summary bar issues.
- MS Project Import: fixed roadmap legend symbology issues.
- MS Project Import: fixed stoplight indicators / dependency option.
- MS Project Import: improved speed of XML import .
- MS Project Import: fixed issue with Flag selections for XML import.
- MS Project Import: symbology corrected for: stoplight/numberfield,remaining duration, roadmap indicator.
- MS Project Import: EV/SPI Percentage Bar format corrected for XML import.
- MS Project Import: Corrected “missing images in wizard” issue which occurred when Microsoft Publisher was running.
August 23, 2012
- Corrections made to Schedule setup Wizard. It was resetting the date format order to always be m/d/y.
August 22, 2012
- Corrections made for Flag field handling of MS Project format XML files.
August 16, 2012
- Initial 2012 version.