Is your copy of Milestones Professional 2010 up-to-date?
Check under Help | Keys and Information | View System Info for a Rev. date,
or, if you are not using the Enhanced Toolbar, check under Help | About Milestones | System Info
Download this Update if your Rev date is older than the current revision date (m/d/y format) of 6/30/2014
List of new features and fixes for Milestones Professional 2010
June 30, 2014
- Should eliminate a crash related to reading files with named symbols.
April 28, 2014
- Corrected a possible crash. Sometimes, but only on Windows 8.0 or 8.1, Milestones would crash if a schedule object was copied to the Clipboard, and File Explorer was open, and the File Explorer ribbon was showing.
January 27, 2014
- Corrected a problem that was not allowing all possible lines to display in a cell even if there was enough room. Most of the time the problem was not apparent except in large size charts that were being converted to metafiles or PDFs.
October 4, 2013
- MS Project Import: limit of how many symbols per row that can be refreshed increased.
- Appearance of percent complete symbol improved.
September 10, 2013
- MS Project Import: you can now select the uniqueid to use when importing using a custom template.
August 1, 2013
- MS Project Import: corrected an issue with the dialog box settings for coded/coded.
April 19, 2013
- Option added to Tools | Program Options | General to enable extra space to be added to the bottom of the Enhanced Toolbar.
February 21, 2013
- Problem with taskline based ValueSet font color of number display corrected.
February 12, 2013
- Additional optional debug messages added to MS Project interface.
December 7, 2012
- Correction made to master schedule update code that corrects a potential memory free problem that could lead to later program crashes.
November 13, 2012
- Correction made to percent complete gridlines function. If a column was being used to specify the percent, and the column was on the right side of the chart, then the software was using the column next to the one it was supposed to use. This has been corrected.
November 7, 2012
- Correction made to column movement function, which could sometimes cause a crash.
October 15, 2012
- Additional MS Project registry info shown in Display System Info screen to help in debugging MS Project startup problems.
August 16, 2012
- Fixed a problem with rolled up bars sometimes not showing the correct status date shading.
April 18, 2012
- Fixed a problem with sign of result when two date columns subtracted and result is displayed as duration.
March 16, 2012
- Fixed a crash related to display off-page vertical connection bubbles.
March 14, 2012
- Fixed a problem related to display of the last refreshed MPP file name introduced in the 2/24/2012 rev.
March 5, 2012
- Added “UpdateSymbolTextFromLinkedSymbol” to the SetSymbolProperty automation call. Argument 4 on the call is either 0 (False) or 1 (True).
February 24, 2012
- Fixed a problem that would sometimes prevent Project Refresh from starting.
February 9, 2012
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Fixed a problem where files opened from Project Server were not opened as Read Only.
- Added more info to the Help | View System Info option to add the list of installed .Net Frameworks.
January 23, 2012
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Fixed a problem handling non US decimal point settings.
- Fixed a problem with size display of arrowhead-ended connectors (types 30, 31, and 32). They now properly size to the current global symbol size.
December 16, 2011
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Fixed a problem adding Project Server files to Milestones Master Schedule list.
December 14, 2011
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Fixed the constraint option for the refresh feature.
December 13, 2011
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Fixes an error in the Microsoft Project Interface. When refreshing, an incorrect error message was shown about the Microsoft Project installation.
December 1, 2011
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Changed performance indicators format to respect user-specified outline level.
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Additional error messages added when install problems detected.
October 17, 2011
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Fixes a problem with symbol text tagging using the Link to Active MS Project task.
September 15, 2011
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Fixed issue with optional gantt symbology to eliminate spaces in symbol tag.
September 14, 2011
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Fixed issue with some start milestones shading when %complete is zero.
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Fixed issue with Top Level Tasks template and EV SPI percentage bar problem.
- Milestones Automation interface: SetMiscProperty “CreateHyperlinksOnPDFSave” property added. The value can be 0 (do not create hyperlinks when SavePDF is called) or 1 (do create hyperlinks when SavePDF called.
September 8, 2011
- Microsoft Project Exports: – Changed Export to Project option to handle Milestones schedules with minimum outline levels > 1.
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Changed work remaining vs money remaining to use remaining cost and cost fields.
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Fixed “ESC for cancel” to be more uniform and produce a “process cancelled” message.
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Append task error corrected.
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Compact Sequential tasks – changed to allow symbol text selection.
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Space Saver – changed to allow symbol text selection.
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Scatter Chart – changed to allow symbol text selection.
- Microsoft Project Imports: – Presentation Timeline – corrected to display text for single day milestones.
- Four new connector types added.
July 21, 2011
- Microsoft Project Imports: corrected Dynamic Rollup ‘Set Titles’ option. Added option to change symbol text for dynamic rollup.
- Microsoft Project Imports: corrected ‘Coded Symbols Symbol Text’ option.
- Microsoft Project Imports: corrected ‘Coded Symbols With Slips’ option.
July 14, 2011
- Microsoft Project Imports: Fixes error in Microsoft Project import using the Dynamic Roll-up option when the Microsoft Project schedule does not have a baseline as expected.
- New option added to Tools | Program Options | Edit to enable the automatic top margin calculation to be disabled. This makes it easier to create charts with very small top margins.
July 6, 2011
- In the Automation interface, a new method was added to support the sorting of tasklines based on symbol dates, but also ignoring outline levels. The new method is: SortTasksBySymbolDateNoOutline. The only argument is a 1 or a 2 depending upon whether the first symbol (1) or last symbol (2) on the line should be used.
- Microsoft Project Imports: Basic Gantt 2 template corrected to have normal symbol types for summary bars.
June 28, 2011
- Corrections made to Enhanced Toolbar that was sometimes preventing the symbol date fields from being edited when a single symbol was selected.
- Microsoft Project Imports: Symbol text for Status Stoplight format fixed.
June 22, 2011
- Microsoft Project Imports: Corrected Gantt step-by-step template to show symbol text for tasks with one day duration.
- Microsoft Project Imports: Added check for use of dual monitor.
- Microsoft Project Imports: Corrected issue with Summary Chart – Compact Sequential Tasks so that “NA” is not displayed for symbol text.
- Microsoft Project Imports: Corrected refresh to accurately update symbol text when no tag is used.
May 13, 2011
- Microsoft Project Imports: Fixed problem with cost indicators in Stoplight Indicators schedule.
April 22, 2011
- Problem with sorting of tasks sometimes failing has been corrected (when tasks contained automation tags longer than 39 characters).
- Problem with creating MS Project Task Links to some field types has been corrected.
April 7, 2011
- Problem with keyed percent completes on a single day schedule being ignored corrected.
- Automation Help file updated to correct a documentation error.
April 4, 2011
- SetSymbolProperty(…”Connector1Color”..) and SetSymbolProperty(…”Connector2Color”..) now support -1 as a color, which has the effect of resetting the color override back to the Toolbox default.
- MS Project Interface: Fixed an error in CPI/SPI on Earned Value DataGraphs.
- Problem with symbol order sometimes being incorrect after the symbol date was adjusted using the Symbol Toolbar has been corrected.
March 30, 2011
- MS Project Interface: Fixed an error in gantt step by step as related to weekly graphs of numerical information.
- MS Project Interface: Minor enhancement to Task by Resource Detailed format, to show tasks outlined by resource.
- MS Project Interface: When refreshing, duration and work values on summary bars were not displayed.
- MS Project Interface: Fixed problem with some international date formats not displaying properly in columns.
March 7, 2011
- MS Project template for Tasks by Resource Detailed updated.
- Corrected error in starting point for outgoing vertical connection in case where starting symbol is also the target of an off-page vertical connection.
January 31, 2011
- Corrected error in refresh from multiple Microsoft Project files.
- Corrected error in refresh from multiple Microsoft Project Server files.
January 26, 2011
- Issues with Multi-project refesh were fixed.
- Issues with a screen staying open after a MS Project format XML import has been corrected.
January 24, 2011
- Issues with stacked ValueSets resetting after just two were stacked corrected.
December 10, 2010
- Issues with custom templates corrected.
- Gantt Step-by-step: stoplight option improved.
- Coded Summary – Dynamic Rollup option corrected.
- Right click option for tagging a row fixed.
- Refresh issues: % complete issue corrected, working with Project Server issues corrected, Microsoft Project tasks with unique ID 0 now refresh correctly
November 5, 2010
- Updated the Project Interface to delete small temporary files which were being left in the temp folder.
- Changed the daily generic date heading to allow a frequency setting of up to 300. The old limit was 60.
October 29, 2010
- Fixed a problem in the Project Interface – columns added during the wizard not importing in some circumstances.
October 27, 2010
- Correction made to fix a problem that would sometimes make the MS Project import fail.
October 21, 2010
- Added option in Tools | Program Options | Edit that enables you to suppress automatic line thickness adjustments when creating PDF files.
October 18, 2010
- Correction made that would sometimes make the MS Project import fail to start on Windows 7 64 bit if prior versions of Milestones had been installed.
October 13, 2010
- Option to exclude hidden task rows from Internet Publishing textual output added.
September 22, 2010
- Correction made to Project Import. Finish Variance field in Project Import was not being formatted correctly.
September 15, 2010
- Correction made to feature that allows all prior version linked Milestones filenames to have their extent replaced with .mld.
- Correction made to Project Refesh to allow column refresh even if their are no symbols on the row.
September 9, 2010
- Correction made to Project Refresh.
- Additional feature added to XML based Project Refresh. You can now select WBS and Text1-Text30 as alternatives to UniqueID for the tagging ID field.
September 3, 2010
- Added feature to Project Refresh, both from MPP files as well as XML files to allow two additional, but optional text refresh fields for symbol tagging. You can now refresh symbol text lines 2 and 3 by adding the fields to the symbol tag. For example: 56,finish,text1,text2,text3
August 26, 2010
- Correction made to page spanning vertical connection display option. Sometimes secondary connections were not appearing on intervening pages.
August 24, 2010
- Options added to Vertical Link Options dialog screen (the screen that appears when you double-click on a vertical connector in the Toolbox) that lets you show vertical connections that span a page as well as draw off-page connection bubbles.
August 16, 2010
- Corrected a problem that was sometimes causing symbols and connectors to not be redrawn on a screen refresh. The problem only seemed to occur on XP systems.
August 11, 2010
- Corrected a problem that was causing refreshes from MS Project to sometimes not work.
August 10, 2010
- Added “TextLine1Color” property to SetSymbolProperty call. Arg 4 is the RGB color override for the first line of symbol text.
- Added “TextLine2Color” property to SetSymbolProperty call. Arg 4 is the RGB color override for the second line of symbol text.
- Added “TextLine3Color” property to SetSymbolProperty call. Arg 4 is the RGB color override for the third line of symbol text.
- Added “TextLine1BoldItal” property to SetSymbolProperty call. Arg 4 is 1 for bold, 2 for italic, or 3 for bold/italic, 0 resets back to default for the first line of symbol text.
- Added “TextLine2BoldItal” property to SetSymbolProperty call. Arg 4 is 1 for bold, 2 for italic, or 3 for bold/italic, 0 resets back to default for the second line of symbol text.
- Added “TextLine3BoldItal” property to SetSymbolProperty call. Arg 4 is 1 for bold, 2 for italic, or 3 for bold/italic, 0 resets back to default for the third line of symbol text.
- Added “OutlineType” property to SetToolboxSymbolProperty call. Arg 3 is 1 to 25.
- Corrected a problem that was sometimes causing imports from MS Project to not work.
- Added “SymbolName”, “LinkedToSymbolName”, and “LinkedToFileName” properties to the OLE Automation GetSymbolProperty method.
July 29, 2010
- Corrected a problem that was causing exports to MS Project to not work.
July 28, 2010
- Added a feature in Symbol Selection menu | Verticals Links tab that enables you to selectivly hide vertical links on a symbol by symbol basis. This option is also available on the right-click menu when you right-click on a symbol.
July 22, 2010
- Added feature in Tools | Options | General that lets hyperlink buttons be hidden in newly created PDF files, but remain functional.
- Added feature to the Column Heading selection menu that lets column headings be rotated 90 or -90 degrees.
July 20, 2010
- Occasional crash in the Insert menu | Insert baseline function has been corrected.
July 19, 2010
- Microsoft project import: On Milestones-Finish Dates selection, if Summary is not selected, the finish date milestone will be shown for the summary.
- Microsoft project import: On Milestones-Finish Dates selection, if Color critical red is not selected, the finish date milestones will not be colored red when critical.
- Microsoft project import: On resource imports, fixes made to circumvent errors on some MPP files.
June 25, 2010
- Master Schedule Add Files… fixed.
- Project Import refresh from multiple files corrected.
June 24, 2010
- Full installers and 64 bit update installers corrected to allow installs to other than default folder.
June 11, 2010
- Correction made to placement of single line Legend entries in PDF and meta files.